Fall Prevention Awareness: Enhanced Training for Home Health Aides
Uniquely designed for adult learners, the Fall Prevention Awareness training curriculum helps home health aides reduce falls and minimize injury to their clients by increasing their awareness of the risk factors for common falls and by enhancing their communication skills.
- Introduction (pdf 180 KB)
- Session 1: Recognizing Risk Factors for Falling (pdf 777 KB)
- Session 2: Enhancing Skills to Address Risk Factors (pdf 341 KB)
- Appendix A: Session 1 Review: Game Materials (pdf 112 KB)
- Appendix B: Pre/Post-Tests: Sessions 1 and 2 (pdf 63 KB)
- Appendix C: Workshop Evaluation Form (pdf 1.2 MB)
- Appendix D: Simulation Scenarios (pdf 88 KB)
This curriculum -- a joint project between PHI and NCOA -- consists of two three-hour in-service trainings. In addition, each session includes optional pre- and post-testing as well as warm-up and closing activities that can add an additional hour to the training. This project was funded by the U.S. Department of Labor Education and Training Administration.